OLBG.com
Register

Login

Help

FAQ Search Groups Register Profile PMs New Posts Rules
EW Accumulators
Post new topic    Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Horse Racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holty I BWFC
Group 2 Class

Cash Winnings: 0
Free Bets Won: 0

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:27 pm     Post subject: EW Accumulators Reply with quote

...Each Way accumulators work? I had 6 horses in an Each Way accumulator the other day. 3 won 2 placed and the other came 2nd in a 4 horse race, hence nothing. But had this placed, how would the returns be worked out? Thanks
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
jaydubs
At Stud

Cash Winnings: 2730
Free Bets Won: 135

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:34 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Holty

If all 6 win bingo

if you have 5 winners and 1 2nd you will only get the EW pay out. The win part of the acca will be deemed lost
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Holty I BWFC
Group 2 Class

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. So it probably wouldn't have been very good odds in the end anyway.
The Executioner
Stallion

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 925

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:18 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Bookmakers love punters that place six horse accumulators - they are so difficult for the gambler to collect on ! I wish you well if you continue with them.
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
dontstopmenow
At Stud

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with ex my first yanky up yesterday in months and 3/4 today so im hoping my bad runs over but on the whole multi bet are very hard to get up esp 4+ winners it seems u alway put the wrong one in eg today i had 3 out of 4 and ended up backing the winner in the race that let me down dont makesence does it,if only i had nished the other way oh well looks good tommow so heres hoping. Win
Holty I BWFC
Group 2 Class

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. I placed singles on them all, but just did that as I saw them all placing, and had there not been only 4 runners in that race I would have more than likely had a return.
ebookconverter
At Stud

Read My Blog!

Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, and Burn!
Cash Winnings: 480
Free Bets Won: 30

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

An EW accumulator is essentially two bets:

1) A win accumulator

2) A Place accumulator

In the win accumulator, all have to win (naturally) and if so the odds are multiplied. ie 2/1 2/1 2/1 = 3x3x3 (you add one for your stake).

In the place accumulator all have to be placed (in accordance with place terms) and the place fraction odds are multiplied. ie 10/1 at a fifth the odds for a place = 10/5, or 2/1. 9/1 at a quarter the odds = 9/4 etc. Even if a selection wins only the place odds count in the place accumulator. So if you have four horse placed and the odds were:

2/1 a quarter of the odds - finishes placed
4/1 a fifth of the odds - WINS
8/1 a quarter of the odds - finishes placed
6/1 a fifth of the odds - WINS

The win part of the EW Accumulator is a loser, but your place odds would be (in that order) 2/4, 4/5, 8/4. 6/5

2/4=1/2, and 8/4=2/1, so for calculating we have 1/2, 4/5, 2/1, and 6/5. 1 would get you 17.82.

(It's like being back at school with fractions!)

Obviously if you pick favourites for an EW accumulator and they don't all win you'll get peanuts back for your place accumulator, so it's hardly worth it sometimes, especially when you consider that each selection you add to an accumulator is just another chance for it to go down.

An alternative to standard EW is "All EW" (also referred to as Equally Divided EW). Bookmakers still take "All EW" bets, but it's always best to check first. How does "All EW" work? Well instead of a win accumulator and a place accumulator, "All EW" splits the returns after each run and reinvests equally EW on the next selection.

Say for example you have the same four horse EW accumulator as above:

2/1 a quarter of the odds - finishes placed
4/1 a fifth of the odds - WINS
8/1 a quarter of the odds - finishes placed
6/1 a fifth of the odds - WINS

We do this 1 ALL EW accumulator this time. Here's what happens:

1 ew goes on the first runner. It finshes placed, returning 1.50.
That is invested in the next as 75p EW. It wins, so returns 5.10
That's now invested in the next as 2.55 EW. Placed, it returns 7.65
Onto the last leg now, with 3.825 EW at a win of 6/1, coming to a final return of 35.19.

The advantage to "All EW" is where the selections don't all win. If they do all win, you will get less back at "All EW" than you would at normal EW.

Best regards, and good punting!
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
curwinkle
Stallion

Cash Winnings: 15
Free Bets Won: 10

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:19 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I did one last week. 5 runners, 4 winners and a 3rd. had 10p e/w and got 12 back (which is a huge return in relation to my stake). If all 5 had won I would have gotten 1500 back. If you keep your stakes to a minimum they are well worth it in my opinion because you may well get lucky one day.

Its like doing the lottery but you can have a reasonable Idea of which balls will drop Cheeky .

I had 5 different e/w accas that day covering a few angles and that was the one that was the closest I've come yet, but I'll carry on doing them, if and when I feel I've got a few strong fancies because even if you do get paid the e/w payout, its often decnet enough odds (unless all your picks are odds on).
machine
Stallion

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:48 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

what EBOOKCONVERTER says is correct,the only problem is getting what he calls,ALL EW..online.ive tried for a long time online and never been able to find any who do it.if i do EW,accies i put them on in shops.(all accept),if all win you dont get quite so much back.BUT if 3/4/5/ win and rest placed you will pick up lots more going ,E.D. as i say,(tell the op.you want it.).all as he says,ALL.over any period of time you will double what you pick up doing accies.think about it.how many all up do we ever get. Win
ebookconverter
At Stud

Read My Blog!

Location: Dallas, Texas. Go Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, and Burn!
Cash Winnings: 480
Free Bets Won: 30

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:41 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Machine, it's a rare thing for a punter to get a whole accy up. I've been a betting shop manager for 30 years, and you just do not see it very often.

Now, here's what else you could. Say you wanted a 1 EW acc and you decided to do it ALL EW (or ED EW, as it's also called), but you don't to miss out just in case they all come in. Make it a 90p ALL EW acc, plus a 20p win acc Win

Best
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
freddie
Group 2 Class

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

the punters on here will tell you that all multiple bets are bread and butter to the bookmakers they love them ,and they are right they can be seen as a mugs bet buttt,when ever I have a bet which is usually about 4 to five times a week I always have a yank or canadian to small stakes ,always Each Way,with a 1 ew accumalator I see it as a fun bet as oppossed to my more seriouse selections and larger single bets,yes they are hard bets to get up but my records show me that three of my biggest pay days came from multiple bets to very small stakes
also. another benefit of these bets I find is that I dont get stressed out or get deflated if they dont show a return unlike large wagers on one horse .
Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Horse Racing
Page 1 of 1

OLBG At Doncaster Races

Would You Like To Blog On Your Premiership Team?

Bet Of The Day - Nap Of The Day

Tell your mates about OLBG and
Earn Some £££

Laylas Hero
17.00 BetVictor
13% confidence
2:40 Ayr

Enlace
9.00 William Hill
25% confidence
2:05 Ayr

Pea Shooter