OLBG.com
Register

Login

Help

FAQ Search Groups Register Profile PMs New Posts Rules
Saturday 22nd December - Football Selections
Post new topic    Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Football Betting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drmatt
Group 3 Class

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 1330
Free Bets Won: 130

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 pm     Post subject: Saturday 22nd December - Football Selections Reply with quote

Championship betting preview

My best bet this week comes in the match between Charlton and
Sheffield Wednesday. The owls have been poor this season and sit just
two points off the bottom of the table. They did win last time out,
but that was only their 3rd win in 19 matches, and all three of those
wins have come against their fellow relegation rivals. Charlton have
impressed this season, especially on the road, and have only lost the
once in their last eight matches. I cannot see why the Owls
are favourites for this game.
Recommended bet – Charlton (0) @ 2.14 – 3pts

Blackpool have been very difficult to beat recently, losing just once
in their last ten matches. Whilst this run has seen too many draws
for them to climb significantly in the table they do have to be
fancied to beat Wolves in one of two Friday evening matches. Wolves
have only won once this season against a side that currently sits in
the top half of the table and have lost a total of 7 out of their 11
away games.
Recommended bet – Blackpool to win @ 2.15 – 2pts

It is not very often that I back a team that is odds on in the
championship, but I will be doing this weekend, twice in fact (albeit
on the handicap). Firstly in the game between Millwall and Barnsley.
Millwall were unlucky not to come away from Brighton with three points
after conceding a late penalty in midweek and went into that match
with seven wins in ten league games, a run that has seen them move
into the play off places. You have to go back 12 league games to find
when Barnsley last won a league game and to come out of their home
game with Sheffield Wednesday last weekend with nothing will have
added to their despair.
Recommended bet – Millwall (-0.75) @1.92 – 2pts

The other side I like the look of this weekend is Crystal Palace at
home to Huddersfield in the Saturday evening game. Palace have gone
off the boil in recent weeks, but still have some quality players and
playing at home against a Huddersfield side that is now struggling
following an excellent start to the season is just the sort of game
they need to get their festive period off to a winning start. The
away side visits without a win in six games, that has also seen them
concede 14 goals, and so it would be no surprise to see the flood
gates open.
Recommended bets – Crystal Palace (-0.75) @ 1.92 – 1pt
- Over 2.5 goals @ 1.73 – 1pt
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
richmiester
Group 1 Class

Cash Winnings: 10
Free Bets Won: 0

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:28 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Southampton v Sunderland
Both of these sides linger outside the relegation zone and just one point separate’s the sides. This is a game where both sides need to win, especially with the amount of games over the Christmas period. Southampton beat Reading at the weekend and they have won three of their last five games (only losing away to Liverpool). Sunderland weren’t expected to pick up anything at Old Trafford but prior to that they also picked up a much needed win against Reading as they have lost three of their last five games.
For teams that are fighting at the bottom home form is pivotal to staying up and Southampton are currently unbeaten in four (two wins and draws) and there hasn’t been complaints of a lack of goals at St Mary’s as Southampton have scored in eight of their nine home games (their first home game against Wigan being the exception). Of their sixteen league games, they have scored in thirteen of them.
Sunderland have been poor away from home this season, winning just once and drawing four and losing four of the rest. They have been reliant on Steven Fletcher this season but they scored in six of their nine away games (exceptions being away to Arsenal, Man City and Stoke) and have scored in their last four away games.
I wouldn’t dare pick a winner between the two but I am going to go for both teams to score here. Southampton have been scoring and conceding at home (six of their nine have had both teams scoring) and Sunderland have scored in a majority of their away games so I am confident that both teams are going to get on the score sheet here.

Both Teams to Score @ 1.73 (SkyBet)

West Ham v Everton
Both sides picked up a point away from home last weekend against two good home sides. Everton will be without Fellaini for this match as he is suspended for three matches. West Ham are not in good form heading into this match, losing three of their last five games but a win here could get them back in the top seven in the league. Their 0-0 away to West Brom was their second of the season but in truth it was a poor game. This is the second home game in a row where there opponents are from Merseyside, losing 3-2 to Liverpool last time out. At home they have won four, drew two, lost twice and have only failed to score once (against Man City). Six of their nine home games have resulted in both teams scoring which includes the last three.
Stoke away is not an easy game so Everton will not have been too disappointed with a draw however they have now drawn four of their last five away games which shows they are difficult to beat, but they are not putting teams away. Their last six away games have seen both teams score and they have only failed to score just once (away to West Brom). To add to this, that game away to West Brom is the only time they have failed to score all season in the Premier League and with West Ham being regular scorers at home I am going to go for both teams to score here. The last three fixtures between the sides have all been draws with both teams scoring (both have scored in the last seven meetings between the sides) and another draw could be on the cards here.

Both Teams to Score @ 1.83 (SkyBet)

Wigan v Arsenal
As Arsene Wenger called it, Arsenal have had a ‘super-crisis’ of late but they were far too strong for Reading on Monday night. They started with Walcott up front, with Chamberlain and Podolski either side and for the first time this season their attacked looked dangerous. Cazorla put in a superb performance and I think we could see a repeat performance here.
Wigan are in the relegation places and are not in good form, they have lost three of their last four and have one win in seven. At home they have only won two out of nine, lost four and drawn three of the rest. They have also been conceding goals as well, they have conceded at least two goals in their last seven games and also have conceded two in eight of their nine home games and if Arsenal attack like they did against Reading there is plenty of goals for them here.
Despite their ‘super crisis’ Arsenal are fifth in the league and have won their last two games. They scored five goals against Reading but how poorly they defended Arsenal could have had double that and here I am going to go for an Arsenal win. This fixture is another chance for Arsenal to score some goals, especially against a Wigan defence that has been conceding two a game for most of this season and with Arsenal having a good record at the DW stadium (won four and losing just once of the last seven)I think Arsenal will be too strong for them.

Arsenal to win @ 1.80 (BetVictor)

Man City v Reading
If Man City want an easy to start to embark on another long unbeaten run at home they have the perfect opponents here in Reading. Their game against Newcastle, particularly for about 20-30 minutes in the first half was the first time we saw the Man City of last season and in that period they could have scored four or five goals. Defensively Reading were poor against Arsenal in the first half
and got rightly punished as they went down 3-0 at half time and if there is a repeat of that here, another thrashing is on the cards.
At home Man City have been unbeatable, except for the derby defeat to Man Utd. They have won six and drew two of their other home games and should make it a seventh win here.
Reading have lost their last four away games and have not scored in the last three and these have been against teams that are in the bottom five of the table. Reading have an average of 40% possession this season and they won’t get any more than that here. Odds of a straight City win are as low as 1.12 but I am going to go for Man City to win with a clean sheet.

Man City to win to nil @ 1.91 (PaddyPower)
pharlap
Triple Crown Winner

Cash Winnings: 25

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:53 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

AJACCIO vs RENNES

Ajaccio supporters haven't seen many goals this season as there has never been more than two goals scored per game there. In the eight games Ajaccio have played at home they've scored five and conceded three and considering Rennes aren't a team that attack a lot away I fully expect this to be a very low scoring affair once again.

Under 2.5 goals @1.61 BetVictor

LYON vs NICE

2nd meets 5th in a game that promises to be quite interesting considering that both are inform, score in almost every game and last but not least, that Nice coach Claude Puel is going to play against his former team. He was fired by Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas two seasons ago and haven't spoken to each other. To say that Claude Puel would like to win in Lyon is an understatement. Puel has already had a little revenge after Nice beat Lyon 3-1 at home in the League Cup a couple of months ago. The visitors won this fixture last year 4-3 and if you believe as I do that Nice will score then you could look at Cvitanich to score anytime at 2/1. The argentinian striker has scored in six of Nice's last seven games and has scored more often away then at home this season.

Both teams to score @1.83 bet365
Cvitanich to score anytime @2/1 various

LORIENT vs REIMS

Lorient are the inform team at the moment as they've won their last four games. They play Reims who after a very good start that saw them in fifth place in the standings a couple of months ago have gone down to seventeenth. The visitors have lost their last five away and I doubt they'll get anything from this game.
Alain Traore is out for Lorient after spraigning his ankle last week but with Alladiere in fine form should get another three points on saturday.

Lorient to win @1.57 William Hill

In other games, I can see Montpellier getting at least a point in Lille, Bordeaux should beat Troyes with a goal from Gouffran, while Bastia and Nancy should both get on the scoresheet. Remember Bastia's Furiani Stadium has been suspended untill further notice...
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
SmoggyFever
Triple Crown Winner

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 3280
Free Bets Won: 50

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:46 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

We've seen Hull win a tough one at a good Derby side, and now Boro need to keep up the pace by beating a Leeds team fresh off a spirited but ultimately ability lacking loss to Chelsea. They hung with the CL Champions for a half, but Leeds midfield weren't confident enough, or able to keep the ball to win the game.

Coming to town is a Middlesbrough side who have won 3 of their last 4, and key to all our wins this season has been midfield domination. Charlton 4-1, Blackburn 2-1, all away wins with dominating performances from Haroun, Leadbitter and co.
Emmanuel Ledesma adds a technical spark and with us in the top 3rd of the league in goals scored, we'll create plenty of chances in this game.

Leeds have 32 points from 22, so will see this as a pre-xmas chance to sneak into the plyoffs, but i feel Boro have what it takes to win this game, like last season when Marvin Emnes saw us take a 1-0 win.

Middlesbrough dnb @ 10/11

Well it's a shame when with the season almost half way we already know a side is on the way out of the league, and this year it is most definitely Reading. They are now 1/8 to go down, and a whopping 4/7 to finish dead last with Harry Redknapp moving the chains at QPR.

A visit to Man City is daunting for better teams, and off a loss to United in their last home game, and then a follow up 3-1 win at Newcastle suggests to me that Reading will be blown out here.

The handicap can only go so high and at -2.5 even money, i would buy it up to 3 and bet City. A two year home record broken as undefeated, plus the worst team in the league gives City the situational edge, and throw in Reading's 5-2 defeat on Monday to an inconsistent Arsenal side just highlights the difference in ability here.

Man City AH -2.5

Champions League, La Liga, Premier League, NFL + a lot more in my blogs - just click the link to check out new blogs

Now on Twitter @SmoggyFever - https://twitter.com/SmoggyFever
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
emikel
2yo

Cash Winnings: 0

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:46 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow friends, I'm back again this week with new surprises, sharing my draw picks this week, West Ham vs Everton, R.Valladolid vs Barcelona, Malaga vs R.Madrid, Birmingham vs Burnley, Leicester vs Cardiff, Atalanta vs Udinese, West Brom vs Norwich, Oxford vs Fleetwood. Good Luck
sikui
Triple Crown Winner

Cash Winnings: 35

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:17 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Inter Milan vs Genoa

Inter possible lineup:
Goalkeeper: Samir Handanovic

Defence: Andrea Ranocchia
Defence: Walter Samuel
Defence: Juan

Midfield: Walter Gargano
Midfield: Esteban Cambiasso
Midfield: Alvaro Pereira
Midfield: Javier Zanetti

Forward: Antonio Cassano
Forward: Rodrigo Palacio
Forward: Diego Milito

Injured: Dejan Stankovic
Injured: Yuto Nagatomo
Injured: Joel Chukwuma Obi
Injured: Gaby Mudingayi
Injured: Luca Castellazzi
Suspended: Freddy Guarin

Genoa possible lineup:
Goalkeeper: Sebastian Frey

Defence: Luca Antonelli
Defence: Andreas Granqvist
Defence: Michele Canini
Defence: Mario Sampirisi

Midfield: Juan Vargas
Midfield: Marco Rossi
Midfield: Juraj Kucka
Midfield: Andrea Bertolacci

Forward: Ciro Immobile
Forward: Marco Borriello

Injured: Bosko Jankovic
Injured: Cesare Bovo
Injured: Cristobal Jorquera
Injured: Damiano Ferronetti
Suspended: Felipe Seymour
Suspended: Emiliano Moretti

Inter had won all last 6 meeting against Genoa in all competitions. Inter home performance is impressive showing last 6 5W1D. Genoa is a very poor travelling team, gaining only 3 points in last 5 away games.

Take Inter to win @ -1.25 AH and Over @ 3.0

Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed
wingwizard21
Listed Class

Cash Winnings: 0

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:29 am     Post subject: e/w first goal scorer Reply with quote

e/w first goal scorer treble
dj campbell 9/2 (ipswich vs bristol c) - the frontman has been in great form
since joining ipswich on loan from qpr with 8 goals from 13 appearances.
He also takes the penalties.

Chris Wood 9/2 (millwall vs barnsley) - the kiwi striker has been in form since
joining millwall on loan from west brom with 10 goals in 18 appearances. Andy Keogh has provided the perfect foil for Chris Wood.

Billy McKay 11/2 (inverness vs dundee) - the striker has been a revelation since joining from northampton town netting 16 times this season.
stefanick
Group 2 Class

Cash Winnings: 25

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:35 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Beerschot v Mechelen

Mechelen to win.

For me Beerschot is the worst side in the Belgian league at the moment. They didn't win for 5 games in a row now, and they are playing some terrible, uninspired football. At this moment the team is my number one favorite for relegation. Mechelen got 4 points out of the last 3 games. That was against 3 of the strongest opponents. They won from Lokeren, who won 7 in a row in October/November. They held Club Brugge to a draw: their first loss of points since the assignment of their new coach. They lost from Standard at the weekend, but that's fairly normal, knowing that Standard is one of the best Belgian sides at the moment. An away win for Mechelen looks good value to me.
STUBBLE
Classic Winner

Cash Winnings: 5

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Newcastle v QPR - I have yet to be convinced that all is rosy in the QPR garden. Six points in 4 games is a good start but it's been a pretty kind set of fixtures. On the face of it, this seems to fit into that category with the home side in terrible form and Ben Arfa missing through injury. However, I don't think they have actually been playing that badly. Ba and Cisse are still strikers most clubs would like to have in their side whilst I doubt Tiote and company will allow Taraabt the freedom of the park the way that Fulham did last week. QPR have not kept a clean sheet yet under Harry and if Taraabt can't control the game, they may struggle at the other end, so I'm going for the home team - NEWCASTLE @ 11/10

Southampton v Sunderland - The home side have picked up from a predictably poor start to the season on the back of easier fixtures and improved performances. They are picking up some good results and it's encouraging to see their results against some of the teams around them - have beaten QPR, Villa and Newcastle. Sunderland are struggling big time and look there for the taking. They have started to score a few more goals than earlier in the season but their defence has suddenly become about as watertight as a string vest. They did score at Old Trafford last week and created some chances after that but could have easily been 6 or 7 down before they scored. Against a team that know how to score like Saints, I think this will be another bad day for the Mackems -SOTON @ 1/1

WBA v Norwich - on a strict reading of the league table, this one screams home win. Albion have won the majority of their home games including beating both Liverpool and Everton, whilst Norwich can boast just the solitary away win. However, fear not people from the land of Bernard Mathews for there is hope of a bootiful yuletide for your boys at the Hawthorns. Norwich are currently on an impressive unbeaten run and can claim Arsenal and Man Utd amongst their victims. In addition, that single away win came in their last outing at Swansea and they have good memories of this fixture, having won there in both the league and cup last season. The possible absence of Holt is a blow but the supporting cast of Hoolahan, Pilkington, Snodgrass and Johnson have been doing the business. Albion were optimistically being portrayed as this season's surprise package after a fine start to the season but 3 defeats in a row seems to have robbed them of confidence and momentum judged on last week's drab goalless draw against West Ham. Whilst I don't think there is any stuffing on the menu, I believe the Canaries can make turkeys of the home side. - NORWICH@11/4
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mar84tin
Triple Crown Winner

Cash Winnings: 105
Free Bets Won: 25

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Newcastle - Q.P.R

This season, both teams are playing below expectations and occupy a low place in the table.

Magpies after 17 rounds accumulated in the account 17 points.

QPR leads to even worse and only 10 points ahead of Reading.

Guests today meeting points really started to gain recently, in the last four meetings have won seven of them, and in the previous round recorded the first win of the season.

Alan Pardew charges in the last five rounds have recorded only one win and lost the remaining games.

Last season at St. James Park, Newcastle won 1-0, and the Loftus Road meeting ended in a goalless draw.

In the next two games, Newcastle has two strong meeting with M.U and Arsenal(both the away).

Now, it seems to me that the Magpies will not give chance guests and the points will be at the stadium Magpies.

Newcastle Win@2,1(StanJames)
CS:3-1 for Newcastle@17(William Hill)

Win
Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Football Betting
Page 1 of 1

How To Make A Tip On OLBG - Please Read

Are You In Profit?

EXCLUSIVE - Win £1000 Free Bet with Matchbook

Tell your mates about OLBG and
Earn Some £££

Jordan Spieth
12.00 Bet 365