Happy Halloween
Register

Login

Help

FAQ Search Groups Register Profile PMs New Posts Rules
problems with bet365
Post new topic    Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Betting Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esky44
Handicapper

Cash Winnings: 0
Free Bets Won: 0

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 am     Post subject: problems with bet365 Reply with quote

Hi joined them last night everything went fine they accepted my 200 deposit with no problems by visa debit.
Then today to my amazememt they declined any further deposit,.
I ask them why? they replied that they need my passport number before they can accept any further deposit.
I told them to close my account as I have many other online accounts who do not give me any problems.
So this is a warning for anyone who want join bet365 is that they may request your passport number as part of their security checks but Im not going to share my passport number with any third party organisation.
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
Dammo Qwirky
Stallion

Cash Winnings: 150
Free Bets Won: 10

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:39 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

fairly standard amongst most bookies now to prevent any wrongdoing, following government guidelines. different firms prob have diff rules according to when and how they ask, plus prob varying amounts of money.
Antony OLBG
Stallion

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 17

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:54 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

All bookies get a lot of fraud so anyone new depositing a lot and regularly is going worry them - for all they know its someone else with your card!

They are by far the best regular bookie so Id think carefully before abandoning them
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Betfairalfie
Stallion

Cash Winnings: 835
Free Bets Won: 20

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:43 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

esky - when you open a bookie account you accept their terms and conditions. Most want 1 or 2 of these - passport, driving licence, utility bill or bank/credit card statement.

Yes theres a security concern for you if they dont look after your copied documents but you've accepted that by opening an account. If you share your concerns with them then maybe theres a higher security method of transit you could use. Encrypted document or password access controlled document are both possible, but obviously there secure storage system is an unknown risk. But its bet365 we are talking about here not some crooked newbie.

Personally I'd love to be able to have a bet365 account and certainly wouldn't throw it away over this issue Wink
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
thatsa donkey
Triple Crown Winner

Cash Winnings: 25

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:15 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfie,

Quote:
Personally I'd love to be able to have a bet365 account and certainly wouldn't throw it away over this issue

Confused Confused Confused Why can't you have a bet365 accout??? Dodgy Geezer??? Cool Wink Cool Very Happy

I use mine to stop me having the hassle of finding obscure bet reults. I just think that betting 10p is easier than trawling the web for half an hour for results of unusual bets. I personally find bet365 a fantastic bookie, It's up there in the top three for me.

Donkey. Fingers Crossed Win Fingers Crossed

I don't have a problem with large established bookies wanting security details from me, I ain't doing anything dodgy. Also I have accesss to all their company information via the internet with just a few clicks I could probably find the Managing Directors name and address.
esky44
Handicapper

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:21 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't have a problem with large established bookies wanting security details from me, I ain't doing anything dodgy. Also I have accesss to all their company information via the internet with just a few clicks I could probably find the Managing Directors name and address

name and home address is not the issue, I am more than happy to confirm who I am but there are other ways without sharing my passport details.
I have accounts with other online betting sites with no issues regarding security and they certainly do not request my passport details.
Liverpool1985
At Stud

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 180

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:53 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like bet365. My favourite bookie by a fair distance. Even if something does go wrong i find their Customer Service team resolve the issues very efficiently.

I certainly wouldn't abandon them over this issue. This information would not be shared and this should/will be confirmed in the small print somewhere.

Once i made a lot of deposits within 3-4 days. Due to this i had to confirm my online banking password when making my next deposit. This gives me confidence in them. Don't look at this as bet365 trying to infade your personal details, look at it as them doing their best to protect their customers.
esky44
Handicapper

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:32 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

another problems I had with bet365 was that they kept reducing my stake on my bets which was terrible annoying to find that my winning were smaller than my original stake
Liverpool1985
At Stud

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 180

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:38 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
another problems I had with bet365 was that they kept reducing my stake on my bets which was terrible annoying to find that my winning were smaller than my original stake

All bookies do this. Don't really think it's fair to single out bet365. If you really don't like them that much then move on to another bookie, but IMO you won't find a better service.
esky44
Handicapper

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:51 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All bookies do this. Don't really think it's fair to single out bet365. If you really don't like them that much then move on to another bookie, but IMO you won't find a better service

if you read my orignal post I have ask them to close my account as I already have accounts with many other onlne betting sites who do not give me any problems.
Online Trader
Stallion

Cash Winnings: 825

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:10 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Best you just move on then esky, people have given you their thoughts and you have clearly already made your mind up that you do not want to use bet365 so good luck with your punting Smile
kelboy230597
Triple Crown Winner

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:08 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur what Ant and the others have said,i have used bet365 for years and they are by far the best bookies imo.
Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Betting Chat
Page 1 of 1

OLBG At Wetherby - Please Tweet

OLBG Members - You Are Invited To Wetherby - 1st November

Premier League On The OLBG Forum

Tell your mates about OLBG and
Earn Some £££

Schalke
2.00 BetVictor
88% confidence
Schalke v Augsburg

Norwich