OLBG.com
Register

Login

Help

FAQ Search Groups Register Profile PMs New Posts Rules
Britains Got Talent
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> TV & Specials Betting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shuck
Group 1 Class

Cash Winnings: 70
Free Bets Won: 0

Post Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:04 pm     Post subject: Britains Got Talent Reply with quote

Thoughts?
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
nors
Stallion

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 175
Free Bets Won: 20

Post Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:27 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

The title seems to be a misnomer, from the limited clips i have seen.

Spellbound are the favourites.

http://www.valuechecker.co.uk/specials/tv/britains-got-talent-2010-53/britains-got-talent-2010-356/

OLBG Community Manager.
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
Systemsman
Triple Crown Winner

Cash Winnings: 50

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:15 pm     Post subject: Risky bet. Reply with quote

This is a very very risky bet with so many votes from mums and grans going to the cutest/youngest performers every year and not the best act (there shuld be a mimimum age of 16!!). I think the programme needs a traditonal winner and has been waiting for one (amazing that so few good professional comedians, singers,club acts etc dont go in for it) so Paul Burling would appeal to all and is my idea of what the winner should be if he can keep up a high standard in the next rounds - the last thing the programme needs ina nother street dance act (although I did find Twist & Pulse amuzing, genuine and a bit different - however they are not the "imnnocents" they look and have been around the street dancing scene a fair bit).
Dammo Qwirky
Stallion

Cash Winnings: 150
Free Bets Won: 10

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:20 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Burling was a great impressionist but didnt really seem to have much material, pretty much did the impressions without being funny and thats fine for a round or two but he will need to expand his act if he is to win it.
jamiess09
At Stud

Cash Winnings: 450

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:04 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammo, i was watching This Morning, yesterday, and the guy that presents Britains Got More Talent predicts Paul Berling will win the show.. He says he has better material to come and does mean impressions of Del Boy and a few of the old English Classics away from cartoons.. I cant have an impressionist on my mind right now for the comp though!

Theres been alot of good acts this year but no standouts and at this stage the only ones i think with a "winning act" could be Spellbound
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Systemsman
Triple Crown Winner

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:52 pm     Post subject: A real entertainer to win? Reply with quote

Re: Paul Burling
Dammo Qwirky "...... and thats fine for a round or two but he will need to expand his act if he is to win it."

Agreed 100% but if he can pull out some good material he will appeal to very wide section of voters.

At the moment he looks top 3 material if he can be funny as well as do more good impersonations.

Street dancing NO No No!
Kids dancing groups - Nooooooooooo!
Shuck
Group 1 Class

Cash Winnings: 70

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:31 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Was doing a bit of research, bet that jumped out to me with ratings, views etc, was The Chippendales at 80's, missed there episode though, so ended up watching it, and liked it alot, only worry with them though is i can't see whats coming next, as the suprise that made the act, can't really be used again Confused
jmstocka
Stallion

Cash Winnings: 1620
Free Bets Won: 150

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Spellbound, really good & sure to make it to the finals, of the kiddie singers I thought Olivia Archbold was the best.

Paul Burlings impressions were excellent, depends how much he's got left in the tank. Some good streetdancers but after 2 years with George Sampson & Diversity, change needed.

My moneys on the doorman singer, Neil Fullard @ 25-1.
He's got natural singing voice, which will only improve with the coaching their bound to get, also get him dressed up & he'll improve at least 7lb Laughing

If he sings the Billy Joel song used for the John Lewis Advert, I'd make him a dead cert Cheeky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SnTb3PSfE
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
man o bong
Legend

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 2410
Free Bets Won: 65

Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:11 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
amazing that so few good professional comedians, singers,club acts etc dont go in for it

Not in the slightest bit amazed when considering how many good jobbing entertainers and club acts have previously been ruined, by not only entering these competitions, but also wining them

Take, 90% of the acts that have apperaed on the Old Stars in Thier Eyes show.

Immediatly pigeon holed as one trick ponies and suddenly working once a month as a tribute act instead of the 4 times a week as a good quality vocalist in the clubs and holiday centres.

These types of shows can be a graveyard for genuine proffessional cabaret acts, and they rightly steer clear. The stakes are far too high
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
dontstopmenow
At Stud

Cash Winnings: 0

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:02 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im hoping the impresionist is a fair price as thats who im on,i do think he has more up hes sleeve like soap stars,politicians etc,but i sure think he will be in the top 5 and maybe able to make a profit by backing to Lay back. Win
Systemsman
Triple Crown Winner

Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:09 pm     Post subject: Spelbound to win Reply with quote

Not been following this recently but tried using the YouTube trick that work for Eurovision;

Back SPELLBOUND 11/10 Betfred

Real entertaining and different to street dancing - just what the show was looking for for te Royal Variety Performance - cant see them loing.

Spellbound - wonderful talent - fantastic entertainment. cant lose!! 11/10
2,298,089 views!!!

Connected (posh kids with pushy parents!!) 12/1

Tina And Chandi 16/1 (professionaldog act. Noooooo!)

Paul Burling 16/1

Liam Mcnally 16/1

Tobias Mead 16/1

Christopher Stone 20/1

Twist and Pulse (funny and different!)

Janey Cutler 25/1 (too old!! 80!) - this was curiosity viewing

So if we exclude Janey Cutletr (2,651,577 views) too old and viewing was out of pure curiostity as she is 80 we have:

1. Spellbound 2,298,089 views
2. Tina And Chandi 1,735,383 views (nooooo. But public loves dogs!!)
3. Twist and Pulse 1,584,969 views
4. Paul Burling 1,198,691 views

Get on Spellbound!!!!
Dammo Qwirky
Stallion

Cash Winnings: 150
Free Bets Won: 10

Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:26 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Abysmal value as barely into semis. Extra views likely as its already had its semi.
Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> TV & Specials Betting
Page 1 of 8

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Bet Of The Day - Nap Of The Day

Members Ticket Invite - OLBG Park Stakes 13th September

Premiership Tipping

Tell your mates about OLBG and
Earn Some £££

Jason Day
19.00 Betway
6% confidence
Deutsche Bank Championship