Happy Easter
Register

Login

Help

FAQ Search Groups Register Profile PMs New Posts Rules
PGA TOUR Money List 2013 - Who do you fancy?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Golf Betting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drobgod
Classic Winner

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 0
Free Bets Won: 0

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 am     Post subject: PGA TOUR Money List 2013 - Who do you fancy? Reply with quote

I think all us Golf fans need something to concentrate on leading up to Christmas/New Year so let's have some tips, discussion and knowledgeable information on who we think could win the 2013 PGA Tour Money List.

I really believe this is a good bet to have and I'm not just saying that because I backed Jason Dufner each-way at 200/1 last year and collected on the place part of the bet!!

I think it's good because you have an interest throughout the season. Even when the player you've backed can't really win on a particular week you still want him to finish as high as possible to accumulate some cash.

Let's take a look at the last few winner's (bottom of page) to see if there are any similarities. First of all they all won the previous season which means they come into the current year with confidence and would also no doubt be eligible for all the big WGC events where prize money is enormous.

Secondly I think age is an important factor. I believe the older brigade of Mickelson, Els, Furyk, Stricker and so on wouldn't want the hassle of chasing around from tournament to tournament to try and win a Money List they'd rather just win another major or a WGC event. Mickelson was the only player aged 40 plus to finish inside the top-ten of the 2012 Money List.

I also have a feeling that although Rory McIlroy won the Money List in 2012 it is more likely that a player slightly older than him will walk away with the title in 2013.

When the 2012 Money List ended on Sunday the ages of the players that finished 2nd to 7th were 36, 32, 35, 34, 36 and 32. If you add to that Luke Donald was 34 and Matt Kuchar 32 when winning in 2011 and 2010 it really looks as though that is an important age range to focus on.

My feelings are that when a player reaches this sort of age he is usually settled in his life, has kids maybe, probably married, responsibilities. Maybe if you are too young (McIlroy not included obviously) then nights out, celebrity girlfriends ect can get in the way.

I think that Rory McIlroy is the nearest thing we've seen to Tiger Woods in recent years. He is the one player that could dominate golf as Tiger did a few years ago and when a player like that comes along statistics can go out of the window.

For the reasons just mentioned you can't write Rory or Tiger out of winning the 2013 Money List because they are and were in a different class, but to me if they fail to win it I'd want to have all the criteria mentioned above in the player I was backing.

So I shall be looking for a player between say 31 and 35, although if I genuinely fancied a player a couple years either side of that it wouldn't put me off. He will have won last season, but maybe not prolifically, one or two would be ideal. I'll be back with my selections a little later.

Last Three Winners below

2012 Rory McIlroy – Age when winning:- 23 Previous season wins:- 2

2011 Luke Donald – Age when winning:- 34 Previous season wins:- 1

2010 Matt Kuchar - Age when winning:- 32 Previous season wins:- 1

So let me know your thoughts as it would be good to have a nice debate leading up to Christmas. Maybe what I've just said is complete nonsense or maybe you can see something in it. Who do you fancy and why?

Let's keep this Golf Forum ticking over until the new year with plenty of good debates.

Cheers All
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
aubreyhoney
Group 1 Class

Cash Winnings: 5

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:24 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

great write up! i will give it alot of thought & will try to do some homework & will post my views.
Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message
GolfBettingSystem
Group 2 Class

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:21 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Write Up and a very interesting debate. As the PGA Tour 2012 is now complete yesterday I turned my attention to 2013 and who is going to perform well. The shortened season in my eyes won't affect this particular market as ordinarily the Money List Order of Merit is always complete by close of East Lake.

Being realistic we are looking for multiple tournament winners or those that are extremely consistent across the big events. The whole nature of the PGA Tour lends itself to players who are on the Top 50 OWGR and who have access to both the Majors and all WGC events. So who offers value in 2013 apart from the very very obvious!

Bo Van Pelt jumps off the page and will be available at circa 125/1. Consistent and a player who can perform across all formats of the game. Can now mix it with the very best.
TeddyT
Classic Winner

Read My Blog!

Cash Winnings: 105

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Keegan Bradley looks a big price to me - 80/1? Major winner, three wins in the last two years and finished 13th on the money list in 2011 and 10th this year.

Obviously he needs to step up a fair bit to challenge the likes of McIlroy etc but I like the fact that he plays a lot - 28 events played in 2011 and 25 this year so that must help. Also, he had a very positive experience in the Ryder Cup so will undoubtedly be looking to push on from that and be competing with the big boys more regularly.

The other player I'd be interested in finished 15th on the money list this year - Louis Oosthuizen. I realise he has yet to win in America and that probably does count against him but I suspect once he wins in the US he could well hit a winning streak. I would imagine he will primarily focus on the PGA Tour next year although as we have seen with McIlory you can play elsewhere as well and still win the US Money List. Strangely Oosthuizen is not quoted in the bookie list I have seen but if he was a decent price I would think about backing him as well.
Betting Blog Show Tipping Performance View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
drobgod
Classic Winner

Read My Blog!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

My main concern about Keegan Bradley next season would be whether the continuous arguments over the proposed ban of long/belly-putter have a detrimental affect on his season. Although any proposed ban wouldn't take place until 2016 surely mentally it would be off-putting for him and indeed any other players using the long-stick.

Adam Scott, Ernie Els and Webb Simpson have already stated that it was playing on their mind towards the end of the season, stating that it would ruin their careers should the ban be announced. I'll be annoyed if Keegan Bradley wins the 2013 Money List as I would definitely have had him on my short-list without the possibility of the ban lingering in the background, but because of that I can't back anybody yielding the belly-putter.
drobgod
Classic Winner

Read My Blog!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory McIlroy has decided to change club manufacturers and move to Nike which according to Nick Faldo could cause him problems.

"When you change (clubs), the weight can be different, the woods could be different.

"It's a massive contract and it can be very tempting but you have to be careful when you go and make changes."

So that's Rory and anybody using a long/belly putter ruled out of the equation. It's getting easier!! Smile
JoshHopper14
2yo

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 pm     Post subject: Hard to pick.a winner. Reply with quote

I don't know what it is but JUSTIN ROSE at 25/1 is just jumping out at me. He's playing his best golf of the year and the unsung hero of the Ryder Cup with that 40ft putt on the 17th can continue his good form and have his best season to date. I have also had a bet on him to win at least one major this year.
I think the main dangers obviously come in the form of DUSTIN JOHNSON, RORY MCILROY, and NICK WATNEY. However their prices don't offer as much value as ROSE.

I usually shy aware from following the Americans but maybe they could take a lot of spoils this year on there turf. Yes
Fabric
Group 2 Class

Cash Winnings: 5

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:26 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write-up and good points about the belly putter.

I think BVP is a fine call by GBS and Rose definitely looks like a contender. I think at the limited prices on offer, I'd gravitate towards Brandt Snedeker as he is simply a born winner and can easily compete at the highest level.

It seems to me that BWin have not included Jason Dufner in their market which can only be good news.
drobgod
Classic Winner

Read My Blog!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabric I think BWin have just forgot to price him up I don't think it means he'll be 100/1 or bigger. If you notice they haven't priced up Oosthuizen either and he can't be any bigger than say 40/1.
drobgod
Classic Winner

Read My Blog!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

One player that ticks all the boxes for me is Bubba Watson. In March 2012 Bubba and his wife adopted their first baby and the impact was immediate with Watson capturing his first major title only a few weeks later.

At 34 years of age and with the responsibility of parenthood now in his life Bubba may just show that extra bit of hunger in 2013 that has sometimes been missing. Bubba also won only once last year (Masters) so that fits in nicely with the criteria shown by the last few winners of the money list.

Perhaps a little surprising was the consistency Bubba showed last year, finishing inside the top-twenty on 14 of the 17 times he played in stroke-play events in the States. Also if Bubba had managed to turn his two runners-up finishes into victories he would have finished 3rd in the 2012 Money List instead of 5th.

Whether Bubba wins the 2013 Money List or not he's clearly overpriced at 40/1 especially when you consider Geoff Ogilvy and KJ Choi are quoted at around the same odds, so the man from Florida will be carrying some of my money for sure, although I'll definitely be backing another one or two players as well.
GolfBettingSystem
Group 2 Class

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:39 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

drobgod I think that Bubba shout has alot of value to it. 25/1 at SJ and 40/1 at Betwin. Nick Watney at 20/1 also has appeal for me as I think he has the game to win a major in 2013 and can win across resort and classical course formats plus across Bermuda and Bent green surfaces.
greengrass
Listed Class

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:35 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Dustin Johnson will have a big year in 2013 a major winner next year
Reply to topic    OLBG Sports Betting Forum Index -> Golf Betting
Page 1 of 3

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Cheltenham Thursday 17th April

Matman 86 Wins!!

Win Instant Cash Just for Your Forum Opinion!!

Tell your mates about OLBG and
Earn Some £££

Atletico Madrid
1.40 SkyBet
96% confidence
Atletico Madrid v Elche

Bournemouth
2.10 BetVictor
90% confidence
Bournemouth v Sheff Wed

Ertijaal
2.25 Paddy Power